Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE #67


OOO - I just love these sketch challenges! For this week's challenge I used one of my own pencil sketches, that I called "Embrace". I used patterned papers for the background, and then hand-sewed the sequins around the oval, as well as the sequin flowers and buckle. This card came together in a flash, as the background papers started off a whole chain of inspiration. I think it works rather well, although the lighting when I photographed it seems to make the digi very much lighter than it actually is.

8 comments:

  1. Will this is such a sexy card.. I really love it. Your bead work just take this over the top. Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    p.s. thanks for displaying my store logo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen you are so talented!! Look at this lovely drawing we have here! You have created a beautiful backdrop with this lovely card to accentuate the embracing couple. It is a wonderful work of art. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jen - this is such a gorgeous card! I love the image and the sultry feel you have given it! Gorgeous DP and embossing! Love it. Thanks for being part of the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see you.....and hope to see you next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card! Love the colors and embellishments that go perfectly with your image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    mmdt

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Jen. Just love your sketch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, this is soo, sooo, sooo coooool! I've never seen an image like that. You used just the right hues and embellishments to make this a winner. LOVE your ribbon treatment and the awesome sequin framing around the main image panel!!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I hope you can come back next week to share your talent!!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good eveing my friend...this is such a sweet card and great take on the sketch. Love your embellies by the way! Thanks so much for playing our sketch this week. Our challenge woulc not be the same without you. Looking forward to see what you create for us in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love this. Very romantic looking and the colors are perfect. I love the way you framed the image. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. Hope to see you again next week!

    Holly
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!