Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, October 5, 2010

CLEARLY DELIGHTFUL BLOG CHALLENGE


The new challenge specifies the use of ribbon and what better ribbon to use than an organza bow?

My card for the Clearly Delightful challenge features one of the Doodle Pantry new releases, "agapanthus", another of my favourite flowers. I know I say this every time I show you one of the flower digistamps designed by Laurie, but it's my honest opinion, Laurie's a master of flower digistamps!!! Just look at the detail of this head of flowers!

I coloured my digi using watercolour and regular colour pencils. For the background paper, I used a botanical drawing of an agapanthus flower, and made the digistamp part of the background. The word "Agapnathus" and the explanation of the meaning below it, is also part of the background paper, and and everything was printed as one. The sentiment, "Many Thanks" is also part of the set digistamp set, available from the Doodle Pantry Store. I added the soft lemon organza bow to match the background paper, and a lilac puffy heart and three lilac flat backed pearls to match the soft lilac of the flowers. To make the digistamp "pop" I highlighted the flowers in crystal "Skwiglues". The frame of the card is made up of two shades of lilac, to enhance the colours of the flower.

I can't stress enough how much I enjoy creating with Doodle Pantry flower digistamps, as they are a pleasure to colour, and make up into spectacular cards.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty......Love your coloring and choice of color....prefect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jen!! That is great background paper to use with that stamp. ;) Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did a great job with this set! Great coloring! Thanks for joining us for the Clearly Delightful Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jen, this is beyond gorgeous!!! WOWZA!
    Thanks for joining in the Clearly Delightful challenge this month!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, talk about amazing! this is a WOW card! Very pretty, such lovely work Jen! Thanks for playing CDBC10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous flower and the colours are stunning! Thanks for joining us in the Clearly Delightful monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card totally. Greetings Majo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! What an amazing creation. Thanks for playing with us this month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!