Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, October 27, 2010

… you spin my head right round ….



The theme of the current Digistamps 4 Joy challenge is particularly apt … with me rushing to get everything ready for my trip to Cape Town (I am leaving tomorrow morning) I feel that I am spinning round and round at the moment, and yes, I have already caught my tail!For my DT inspiration card have taken the theme literally … “YOU SPIN MY HEAD RIGHT ROUND” … make a card using circles … so I used circles and made a spinner card.
I can’t provide you with a link to a tutorial for a spinner card, cos I didn’t use one.. I simply had the idea to make the die cut soccer ball spin, and applied my practical knowledge. So using a circular magnet and a couple of coins, a slot cut in the card, and voila! …. The ball spins.
The digi-image is from digistamps4joy.com, of course, and I coloured him using my coloured pencils. I added some freehand-cut grass, a die-cut circle behind him (just so I comply with the challenge conditions) and as embellishment added a stick-on soccer ball in his hand. The sentiment is Wordart, and the two O’s in HORRAY have been substituted for smaller stick-on soccer balls.
I printed out an image of a soccer net to add as the background for the spinning soccer ball.
This is the first time I have made a spinner card, and I am not sure if it is according to any set rules but all I do know for sure is…… IT SPINS RIGHT ROUND AND ROUND …………… very fast! It’s just a pity that you can't see it on the photograph.

I would love you to leave a comment and tell me what you think, especially if you have made a spinner card before.

This is such an exciting challenge, and even if you only use circles on your card, I think you should enter cos there are great prizes to be won. Click here to link to the challenge.

And this is the link to the digistamps4joy.com online store where you can purchase some really great digi’s (here’s some inside information … I hear there are some new images in the store … AND a freebie)!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute Jen. I remember making a spinning card ages ago, need to go and look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have something for you at my blog, so go and pick it up! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!