Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, December 6, 2010

200 MEMBERS ON "A Day for Daisies" on CDAC



(for your convenience, I have added all the links at the end of this blog entry)

To celebrate her CDAC group's 200 member achievement, Tammy of A Day for Daisies gave every member a set of gorgeous little images as a gift.

This is my creation, using 'Pettel Pixie" for my entry in Challenges #7 on the Challenges Blog, where the brief was to use gift wrap.

Pettel was coloured using my watercolour pencils, and some bling was added to her wings. Then using the stencils from my favourite online scrapbooking supplies store, Scrapbooking-Scrapbook.co.za I marked where to place the flourishes of daisy sequins, which I sewed on, using invisible thread. As further embellishment, I attempted to recreate the "A Day for Daisies" logo in the bottom left hand corner.

The gift wrap was used as the dp, and the colours and print were just perfect for this image and the colours I used.

I would love you to join the "A Day for Daisies group, and to take part in their challenge. There are wonderful prizes for te winner every challenge! To create your perfect entry, please visit their online store to see all the absolutely amazing images that are available - you will find it extremely hard to choose .....

Here area few links that you might find useful:
a Day for Daisies online store
a Day for Daisies challenge blog
Mel's Scrapbooking-Scrapbook online store
Crafter's Digital Art Center

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen -I commented over at A Day For Daisies website but just had to come by and tell you that your card is fantastic! I love the whimsical feel of it and it's perfect for pixies! Thanks for playing in the A Day For Daisies Challenge #7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, your card is so beautiful!!! Like a fairy-tale... so nice to look at!
    Love all that embellishments and colors!
    Great job!
    Ulina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!