Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, January 9, 2011

SITTING BALLERINA : A DAY FOR DAISIES

As a Design Team member of A DAY FOR DAISIES I get a first view of the fabulous new releases every week - how cool is that. Last week's releases were ballerinas - the most elegant in this theme I have ever seen!

Here is a card I made with one of the sitting ballerina, coloured in deliciously warm colours, almost autumn-like, but more fiery and hot!



To colour her I used Copic Ciao Pinkish White R00, and Warm Grey W-1 for the shadows. The rest of the image has been coloured using my regular coloured pencils and OMS, in a technique I developed myself. This colouring technique is the one that I will be workshopping at in2crafts@Hobbyex in Johannesburg in March.

I just love the way the dramatic colours of this image contrast with the softness of the image!

I intend entering this card into the Challenge #1 on the Make it Colourful blog, where the brief is to use all hot or all cold colours. There are some Copics prizes to be won ... and wouldn't I just LOVE those!!!

3 comments:

  1. wow just wow
    Love it.
    So gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card! Beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Make It Colourful Challenges! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHH WOW!!! This is one gorgeous image and the coloring is awsome.SO elegant and beautiful!!!!Thank you for playing with us at Make it colourful challenges,RubyM:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!