Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, February 4, 2011

DESIGNED TO DELIGHT : POT LUCK GAME


There's a party at Designed for Delight this weekend 4 - 6 Febuary, and the first day's came is called "Potluck", where a list of 10 items is given from which you need to choose at least 5 to add to your entry. There is a beautifully heart freebie provided. Your entry qualifies you for the next freebie, and you are also entered into the draw for a Gift Certificate to spend in the store.


ABOVE is card for this challenge and I managed to use all ten of the items on the list
1. MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWER - I used offcucts of embossed purple velvet paper to make my flower and added a sequin to the centre
2. CORNER OR BORDER PUNCH - I used my corner punch to round off the corners of my pieces/mats/bp's
3. RIBBON : the lilac ribbon behind the heart image
4. STRIPES : found in the BP
5. THE COLOOUR PINK : can be found in the little pink flower sequins and one of the stripes in the BP is pink
6. PURPLE RIBBON : an offcut of pruple wired organza ribbon was used to make the bow
7. THANK YOU SENTIMENT : the silver stick-on
8. EMBOSSING FOLDER : I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder on the metallic purple mat behind the imge
9. 3 FLAT BACK PEARLS : I used three purple flat back pearls
10. STITCHING, FAUX OR REAL : I used real stitching to sew the sequins and beads, as well as the ribbon and the bow.
Please join us on the challenge at Designed to Delight - click here to link to the challenge blog


3 comments:

  1. een heel apart kaartje jen, heel leuk.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool - love what you did with the image and the embossing! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!