Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, June 11, 2012

CAS CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Today's CAS challenge at The Outlawz calls for us to make a CAS project with a fruit theme.  It can be the stamp we choose, the paper, a die cut...or even inspired by a fruit named ink or cardstock.

Here is my card for that challenge: 


I added a rounded rectangle behind the image in MS Word, and layer the image on top of it as I didn't want my image to be 'floating'.  The image is coloured using alcohol markers and highlights with a gel pen.

I added some Glossy Accents spots on the flesh of the watermelon to emphasize it's juiciness (my mouth is watering as I type this cos I just LOVE watermelon!)  I hope you can see it in this detail pic :

The used a corner punch and layered on a white base card.

Doesn't this card just 'smack' of summer?  It makes me wish summer was just around the corner for me here in South Africa -  but we have winter to get through yet ... YUK!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

2 comments:

  1. Such a yummy creation Jen, and so 'tastefully' photographed.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your wonderful card and your participation on our challenge at FWSAM.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!