Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, June 9, 2012

JOURNAL WITH AN AFRICAN THEMED COVER

I received an order from a client - to cover a journal using an African theme - that she needed for her boss who is retiring at the end of the month. 

This is what I made:


I covered the journal using the black textured handmade paper and corrugated kraft board.  The embellishment on the front cover is a zebra striped black and kraft board diecut with a Zulu spear, beaded spear, animal footprint and a guinea fowl feather.  The beaded bookmark and charm, although they look like part of the cover, are actually loose and can be inserted at any place in the journal.

NB : The embellishments are all store bought and the bookmark from a very talented crafting friend (thanks Peggy!).

luv'n huggz
jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

7 comments:

  1. I am sure his going to love and treasure this.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unique! Great craft work, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. You did a wonderful job on it. I love the theme and how you decorated it. Love the little paw print. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love all your details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cjournal
    thanks for playing along with Delicious Doodles
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a gorgeous journal!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful design with us at MAWTT and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen: Fantastic journal into our Challenge #15 - "Happy Father's Day [or for a Male]" Challenge. I had loads of fun visiting, commenting and looking around on your blog. A heartfelt thank you for joining in at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply CreateTooDesign Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!