Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, June 14, 2012

TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY AT SHELLY'S IMAGES


Welcome back to another fun challenge here at Shelly's Images.

A few weeks ago, we told you about how every now and again we will have a SPECIAL INVITED GUEST DESIGNER joining us to showcase the image of the week on our Terrifically Thrilling Thursday posts,  and inspire you for the week's challenge.  It will be someone whose creative talent we admire and would like to share with you.  And they have been chosen from the commenters on the DT Lead's personal blog.    
Even MORE THRILLING will be the special GIFT CERTIFICATES that can be won by a lucky commenter on the blog of the Shelly's Images Design Team Lead for the week (that would be  Darlene) and the blog of the Special Invited Guest Designer!  
You could win a certificate at EACH of the two blogs ... how awesome is that!
 
 
 NOW ON TO TODAY'S CHALLENGE!

Today's challenge theme is:
"SHOW YOUR SUPPORT"
(Create a project showing your support.  Could tie in with "Operation Write Home" or "Send a Smile 4 Kids")

Our FEATURED image (available at the store TODAY ONLY at a reduced price) is:
 

"Oh What A Night - Girl Version"

Here's what I have created to inspire you :
 
 
 (fireworks detail)
 
I was playing around with the editing of the photograph to get it read for my blog and here is another pic in which I think the fireworks look so realistic :

 
Isn't this image (and the girl version) just so much fun!!!

The way in which I created this card is really easy!
Here is what I did:
I used the white gel pen to colour in the fireworks and then coloured the whole sky a very dark grey as the Copics don't like the gel pen and wont completely cover the gel ink.  (This is not the case with Spectrum Noir though) I coloured the rest of the image as usual, and added white gel pen highlights.  Then for the fireworks I got all gluey with the glitter glue in different colours and finished off with a sprinkling of the  electric blue fine powdered glitter.  The pictures were taken with a flash which picked up on the glitter.  The detail pic in the discussion shows the light flashes made by the camera flash and weren't digitally added during editing. Messy but fun - getting in touch with my inner child!

So what's the challenge this week?  
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
We'd like you to create a project showing your support for a worth cause ... it could tie in with "Operation Write Home" or "Send a Smile 4 Kids" if you're in the US.  If not why not donate your card to some other worthy cause in your country?  My card will go into the charity box at the Card Guild that I am a member of.  Every year at our Christmas Party we donate at least two boxes of 250 handmade cards made by our members to the SPCA, Highway Hospice, Cancer Research or such.

CLICK HERE to link to the Shelly's Images blog to enter the challenge.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

2 comments:

  1. Oh how precious. I love this idea very much. This is so adorable. Very cute for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Your work consistently leaves me in awe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!