Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TUESDAY'S COLOUR CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ


Tuesday's Colour Challenge at The Outlawz is to use at least two shades of blue, and white, and to add texture.

Here is my interpretation :


To make this card I used a NEW item in my range of embellishments I sell (see here) - a fancy filigree (gold coloured) metal corner and coloured it using a turquoise and a royal blue alcohol marker.

So it went from this 


to this 


after I added some turquoise and royal blue gems.

A stick on Happy Birthday sentiment, an offcut of organza ribbon and a metal heart charm complete the card.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

11 comments:

  1. Love it Jen!
    Never thought of coloring embesllishments!!
    Too bad you don't sell yet to Europe :-)
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I love your card...the blues are stunning...wow...Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week. Huggz Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you coloured the filigree and the fabulous bow, this is a very elegant and beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs for our 'something new' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Tx for the colouring tip!
    Hope the weather is a bit better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful Jan - perfect for our challenge at Crafty Sentiments - thanks for joining us this time and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, very elegant too
    ute as a buttonThanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiment Designs
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, very elegant and I love the layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The blue bow is amazing as is the embellishment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an elegant card .... it is so gorgeous, I love how you have used the corner element and made it a feature on the card ... really beautiful x


    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge

    Tina DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Cupcake for our Monochromatic Blue challenge! Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, your card is amazing, I love the blues. It's so bright and cheery! Thank you for joining us this week at ABC challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!