Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, March 17, 2013

GREEN CAS CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 
Are you wearing your green today? 
That's the inspiration for today's challenge at The Outlawz - create a CAS card that is monochromatic green, any theme. 
One neutral may be used otherwise everything else needs to be green.

So here is my monochromatic green card:

The image is the current freebie from A Day for Daisies and I coloured her in shades of green alcohol markers.  Even her skin has a green tinge to it.  I used a generous layer of Stickles (that's why her hair seems to be a different colour).

To created the scaly texture of her tail, I used a colourless blender and a white gel pen.

The sentiment "Vert Sirene" was computer generated in a downloaded font called "alphabits squared" and the corner is punched.  


The base card is green.

luv 'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you colored her and even her skin with a bit of green and the stickles are great on this! Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing this with my Shades of Green March Challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jen! Love the green and the sparkle! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen~You did such a beautiful job of coloring this. I love this image & I'm hoping to have a chance to color it myself before the end of the year. LOL Thanks for joining us for challenge #14 at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty image and great coloring. Thank you for playing along this week at Jen's Digi Stamps. Good luck in the challenge and I hope to see you in the next challenge.

    Remember we are having a DT call at Jen's and would love to hear from you. :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Jen's Digi Stamp DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, thanks for joining us at the Crafters Cafe Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Jen! Can't figure out how you get so many fabulous creations done each day! Thanks for joining us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Lovely image and I love how you colored it! Great addition of the stickles. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very eye-catching image. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely!! So glad you shared with us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, love your use of Stickles. Simply perfect! Many thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries challenge, good luck and hope to see you again! hugs, judit x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!