Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, October 9, 2013

LET'S SCRAP - A NEW SKETCH CHALLENGE STARTS TODAY!

It's the turn of Design Team A this week to share with you our takes on the challenge sketch at Let's Scrap.

Here is the Sketch to follow :

 

I have been a tad adventurous and once again attempted a layout to share with you!  You all know me as a cardmaker, and for that making a LO is a S-T-R-E-T-C-H! 
so here is my second ever LO:

The base of my LO is Core'dinations and the printed is an offcut (my apologies for not knowing better to keep the name :)

The photographs are of my mom and her two besties, on vacation again! LOL!  These three gals do get around!!! (My mom is the one with the dark glasses, as she had just had cataract surgery in the week that she went went away)

As embellishmnts along the base of my LO, I used fussy cut parts of the printed DP, matted onto cream CS and added a pearl bead flower on each.


 The embellishments along the top of my LO are punched serrated circles usisng the printed DP, self adhesive pearls nd hand-sewn on sequins (although they photographed gold, they are actually a salmon pink/creamy colour).  The punched circles also have a pearl bead flower centre.  The picture below will give you a closer look, as well as of the punched flower border and the die cut swirls:


As the photograph was a little small to fit the sketch properly, to enlarge it and fill up the 'space, I used the negative of  a die cut as the frame with little pearls in the corners,  and matted it all onto the blue CS.

The three pearlised hearts symbolise the love these three ladies have for one another - they stand by each other through thick and thin, and I think they are closer than sisters!

(You go, girls!!! Tannie Cielie and Tannie Naomi - may God bless you forever for the love and friendship you give to my mom!  You girls are the bestest!

Click HERE to check out my fellow DTeamies' creations using this sketch - and why don't you have a go - each week there are lovely prizes to be won!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA 

I ould like to add my project to the following challenges:


613 AVENUE CREATE, #40, ANYTHING GOES

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout. And you have some dedication, hand sewing on all those beads, they're stunning! Thanks for sharing at Paper Girls Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww just lovely! Thank you for joining my All Crafts Challenge at Craft My Life, hope you can join us again :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitched sequins! I had to read the blog to see where the stitching was - so clever. This is a fabulous layout for only your second one! Well done. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge to use stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, I love you layout and page. I am so envious of you and your talents. Great accents. it took me a while to take everything in. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mum and her friends look like they have an awesome time. Such a wonderful page and I like that you have stitched on the beads. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely layout - great idea stitching on the sequins ;-) thank you for joining in our Stitching Challenge at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning layout Jen. Your Mom and her friends seem to be having a great time, especially raising their glasses! Thanks for sharing at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous layout. Love the colours and the embellishments are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOvely LO :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xoxo Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Layout I love the colors and design. Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love your layout and the colors you used. Thank you for joining us at the All Crafts Challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!