Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, March 4, 2014

PRESSED FLOWER TECHNIUE BACKGROUND

I am trying a few variations on the pressed flower technique and am thoroughly enjoying my 'experiments'.  Here's the latest result


When I was taught the technique in a workshop, we used plain cardstock and punched flowers , but here I used patterned DP and ready cut and embossed flowers.  I distressed/chalked the DP and the flowers  before I glued them onto the DP, and then dry embossed it 


I also used small punched flowers, and gems for the entres.

The butterfly is a diecut, and is embellished with gems.

The sentiment  a peel off placed on a label diecut, that is tied with raffia and popped up to add a bit of dimension to balance the butterfly.

Thanks for visiting me today

luv'n huggz
jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I  would like to addmy card to the following challenges
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY,ANYTHING GOES/ MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWERS                                                               

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, this is stunning and something I'm going to try for sure. Thanks for sharing the technique. What a wonderful creation.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Craft Your Passion for our Birthday Bonanza theme. Good luck.

    Lynn, CYP DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen!!! That is an absolutely AMAZING background!!
    Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.
    xxxx
    Riette, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks amazing! Would love to learn that technique. Thank you for joining in Artistic Inspirations, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that background so effective. I love how the flowers become embedded and part of the gorgeous DP. The blingy butterfly makes a wonderful focal and the pops of the light colour provide lovely contrast. Thanks for joining our Birthday Bonanza challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I always learn cool techniques on your blog...thanks for that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card Jen! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!