Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, May 27, 2014

AN ALTERED BOX


I started off with a box - oh dear - I should have photographed it first :(
and used TH distress ink pads to age it.


The images featured are from  the Nicecrane Designs Sheet called Old Fashioned Women 

Old Fashioned Women CS

I added the following embellishments : 

Metal corners, recoloured with alcohol ink and embellished with glass beads
I made paper roses coloured the edges of the petals and spritzed them with an ageing mist;  the leaves are diecuts
The flourishes are peel offs that have been recoloured using Copic markers

I made a lace, glass bead, pearl and ribbon rosette:
There is a faux latch, made with a diecut and a pearl


Here is a side view showing the dimension :


Thanks for stopping at my blog today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my box to the following challenges:








5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous altered box, Jen! Wonderful vintage details give an amazing antique look! Just beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at the MilkCoffee Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome altered box very vintage looking! Thanks for Joining us at Crafting From The Heart!

    Angie-DT
    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er um - it's a box, if that's okay to enter in your challenge, Rachel?

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous work, I adore how you have used the beautiful vintage images..Stunning work... Thank you for joining us at Craft my Life Challenge... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!